Hector’s House volunteer and Yoga teacher Katharine Richardson is inviting you to take part in her Mindful Mornings – every weekday at 8.30am starting Monday 1 June 2020!
Are you struggling to start your day on the right foot during lockdown? Do you wish you could be more at peace and mindful as the day progresses?
Spend just 10 minutes with Hector’s House volunteer Katharine every weekday morning as we breathe, meditate and move our way to a more peaceful day – and mind.
The Key Details:
- The Mindful Mornings sessions will take place on Zoom every morning at 8.30am and will last for just 10 minutes.
- During these 10 minutes, we aim to breathe through guided meditation, move gently with some yoga poses, and provide you with some positive affirmations to help you through this difficult time.
- This is designed for people of all ages with beginners in mind, so please don’t be afraid to join in!
- These sessions are completely free and flexible – you can sign up for the emails but there is no obligation to take part in each of them.
- For now, there will be no limit on numbers, but this may change depending on the level of interest, so it’s best to register now to avoid disappointment.
- A member of the Hector’s House team will be on hand if you need someone to talk to privately or if you feel overwhelmed. If you feel like this after the session is completed, please email us on email@example.com any time. We will always be here.
How to Join:
- To get involved, please email Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org – you will then be added to a mailing list solely to receive the Zoom meeting links. We will not be sharing your data with anyone, or adding you to any marketing lists. If you ever want to stop receiving these emails, simply email Sarah to ask to be removed. She won’t mind at all.
- We will send you a confirmation email (and a quick hello!) once we have you on our list.
- You should receive the Zoom meeting invitations the night before – you will be able to join from 8.20am so we can ensure everyone is in and present before Katharine begins.
You will need:
- A quiet, relaxing location where you won’t be disturbed for 10 minutes (seated on the floor).
- A yoga mat, if you have one.
- A comfy pillow to sit on.
- Drinking water should you need it.
- A computer, tablet or laptop to access the sessions.
- Loose, comfortable clothing.
- Some patience may be required! This is our first time doing anything like this, so we are expecting there may be some teething problems. Know that we are trying our best and we will aim to work through any issues we face as quickly as possible. Thank you for being such wonderful souls in understanding this.
Our wonderful local volunteer Katharine originally trained as an Ashtanga yoga teacher, but with subsequent training has since gone on to work with teenagers and children in schools.
Katharine also teaches Refugee and Asylum seekers with the charity OurMala, and is currently half way through her Yoga Therapy diploma with YogaCampus London.
More than anything Katharine has learnt through her own life experience that yoga heals – and not by being able to get your leg behind your head, (that’s not yoga despite what some may have you believe! ).
We believe these Mindful Morning can massively benefit your mental health, and we would absolutely love to have you along.
Please email email@example.com today to secure your place. We can’t wait to see you on Monday morning.